YOU WANT TO GAIN AN EIT HEALTH DIPLOMA?
YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ACCESSING GLOBAL INDUSTRY R&D ENVIRONMENT?
YOU SEE YOUR FUTURE JOB IN THE INTERFACE INDUSTRY / INNOVATION / R&D?
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU!
A Unique Opportunity
StarShip – an EIT Health educational initiative in collaboration with leading European health industrial partners – lead by the University of Coimbra and IESE Business School and the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH). Using a blend of different educational approaches including elements from Stanford Biodesign Concept, StarShip will be a unique opportunity for participants to be involved in industry-driven life science innovation, working together with innovators in and outside the companies in highly skilled multidisciplinary teams. During the one-year long program, fellows learn a proven, action-based approach to find solution to industry challenges, verifying user requirements and identifying potentially unmet needs in the health context, in close collaboration with key industrial players and leading local EIT Health innovating institutions. In multidisciplinary teams fellows will develop responses to given challenges, validate them in the real health care settings, with the guidance of the StarShip academic team.
StarShip's outcome will be the development of –or a crucial contribution to– market-relevant products or services in collaboration with the industrial partner. StarShip will also allow these companies to get insights in the high potential of the InnoStars regions while working closely with tomorrow’s high talent workforce.
Companies providing challenges for fellows (more companies will be added soon):
StarShip will provide an opportunity for participants to
- get immersed in concrete innovation challenges with leading companies
- become acquainted with design thinking and solution design
- learn elements of successful innovation & entrepreneurship from Europe’s leading academic institutions
- establish business connections with key healthcare companies also in view of future placement
- learn about latest cutting edge technologies from Europe’s top Universities and link with industry needs
Who can participate?
StarShip fellows will ideally:
- have a high interest in the health sector, and bring in a relevant background, biomedical, also from technical, engineering, economical, business, design and similar. Master or PhD will be a plus.
- fluent English, both written and spoken is required.
Participants are eligible from the following countries: Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Latvia, Romania, Slovenia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Ukraine and Turkey
- Dedication a total of 9 weeks over the year 2017: 4 fixed education modules, time in companies to be agreed upon.
- Planned education modules (exact dates may change): 6-10th March Lodz; 29th May - 2nd June Barcelona; 11-15th September, Coimbra; 6-9th November, Budapest
- Travel & accommodation for workshops, company and university visits are covered. No formal scholarship is given.
- Fellows will form multidisciplinary teams to solve company related challenges.
Application deadline is over for 2017.
In case of questions please contact: email@example.com
StarShip is powered by: