ARE You INTERESTED IN ACCESSING GLOBAL INDUSTRY R&D ENVIRONMENT?
do YOU SEE YOUR FUTURE JOB IN THE INTERFACE INDUSTRY / INNOVATION / R&D?
Do YOU WANT TO GAIN AN EIT HEALTH DIPLOMA?
then THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU!
(see here the outcome of 2017 edition)
A Unique Opportunity
StarShip – an EIT Health educational initiative in collaboration with leading European health industrial partners – lead by the University of Coimbra, IESE Business School, the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and Instituto Pedro Nunes together with 6 partnering companies.
Using a blend of different educational approaches including elements from Stanford Biodesign Concept, StarShip will be a unique opportunity for participants to be involved in industry-driven life science innovation, working together with innovators in and outside the companies in highly skilled multidisciplinary teams. During the one-year long program, fellows learn a proven, action-based approach to find solution to industry challenges, verifying user requirements and identifying potentially unmet needs in the health context, in close collaboration with key industrial players and leading local EIT Health innovating institutions. In multidisciplinary teams fellows will develop responses to given challenges, validate them in the real health care settings, with the guidance of the StarShip academic team.
StarShip's outcome will be the development of –or a crucial contribution to– market-relevant products or services in collaboration with the industrial partner. StarShip will also allow these companies to get insights in the high potential of the InnoStars regions while working closely with tomorrow’s high talent workforce.
Companies providing challenges for fellows:
StarShip will provide an opportunity for participants to
- get immersed in concrete innovation challenges with leading companies
- become acquainted with design thinking and solution design methodology by attending 4 workshops in different 4 locations in Europe
- learn elements of successful innovation & entrepreneurship from Europe’s leading academic institutions
- establish business connections with key healthcare companies also in view of future placement
- learn about latest cutting edge technologies from Europe’s top Universities and link with industry needs
- develop new solutions in a multidisciplinary work group environment
Read the opinion of a 2017 fellow: "What one year as a StarShip Innovation Fellow means"
Who can participate?
StarShip fellows will ideally:
- have a high interest in the health sector, and bring in a relevant background, biomedical, also from technical, engineering, economical, business, design and similar. Master or PhD will be a plus.
- fluent English, both written and spoken is required.
Participants are eligible from the following countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
- Dedication a total of 9 weeks over the year 2018: 4 fixed one week education modules, one or two days visits to companies to be agreed upon and some dedicated time for on-line teamwork;
- Planned education modules (exact dates may change): 7-11th May Lodz (Poland); 18-22nd June Barcelona (Spain); 10th to 14th September Coimbra (Portugal); 5th to 8th November Budapest (Hungary);
- Travel & accommodation for workshops, company and university visits are covered on a sub-granting scheme. No formal scholarship is given.
- Fellows will form multidisciplinary teams to solve company related challenges.
Application deadline for 2018 is over!
In case of questions please contact: email@example.com
StarShip is powered by: